Yahoo Query Language (YQL)
The YQL (Yahoo! Query Language) platform enables you to query, filter, and combine data across the web through a single interface. It exposes a SQL-like syntax that is both familiar to developers and expressive enough for getting the right data.
Access Data Across the Web
Transform XML to JSON
Speed up Your App
Mashup Data Sources
Who's using YQL
Thank you for being a part of Yahoo Developer Network community, that helps Yahoo to be part of your users’ daily habits. Please follow our Attribution Guidelines for Yahoo APIs wherever you use YQL.
Use of the YQL should not exceed reasonable request volume. Access is limited as below:
- Per application limit (identified by your Access Key): 100,000 calls per day
- Per IP limits: /v1/public/*: 2,000 calls per hour; /v1/yql/*: 20,000 calls per hour
Get your API KeysCreate an application. This will give you Consumer Key and Secret which are needed for using the API.
Build and LaunchWhen your app is ready to use, tell other developers what you have built in our Forums.
Using YQL for Commercial and Non-Commercial Applications
Our goal is to make it easy for you to use YQL in the widest possible range of applications. Please read the notice and usage limits described below for more information. If you have additional questions, please read the YQL Terms of Service.
- The YQL Service can be used for commercial purposes without prior approval from Yahoo.
- Developers using the YQL Service fetching data from a content provider need to conform to the Terms of Service of the content provider.
- Data available on the Yahoo! network (e.g., Finance, Weather) is not approved for commercial usage via YQL, unless mentioned otherwise in the Terms of Service.
- All rates and terms of service are subject to change.
- You may also be subject to the underlying rate limits of other Yahoo and 3rd party web services.
- YQL relies on the correct operation of the web services and content providers it accesses.
- Open Source content/data tables are not certified by Yahoo.
- Please remember that it is your responsibility to obtain the necessary permissions from the content or API providers to use their content or services, separate from your use of YQL: neither Yahoo nor your use of YQL cover those permissions.
- Content or API providers can opt out or restrict YQL access to their data by following the instructions in YQL for Content and API Providers.
Please use the YQL Forum for additional information or questions.