Native Video Ads¶
Native Video Ads are clickable video ads that fit the form and function of the content around them, such as within the content stream on Yahoo properties, apps, and third-party publishers. Native Video Ads view and completion rates have outperformed industry averages.
In a recent study, Native Video Ads drive a 50% lift in brand favorability and 28% lift in purchase intent.
CPCV app install ads are no longer supported. CPC is the only price type available for app install ads. You can still create and serve static and video ad formats, however.
Follow these steps to create video Ads:
- Create a Campaign with the objective set to VISIT_WEB or PROMOTE_BRAND, depending on your campaign’s goal (other objectives will not work).
- Create an ad group with a CPC bid type for VISIT_WEB or CPC for PROMOTE_BRAND.
- Create an video ad ensuring to include your videoPrimaryURL. Note that videos are required to meet the below specifications:
- Formats: .mp4 .m4v or .mov
- File Size: 1GB maximum
- Duration: 5 seconds minimum, 30 seconds maximum for App Install campaigns, 5 minutes maximum for Promote Brand campaigns.
- Aspect Ratio: Minimum 480x360p (4:3) or 480x270 (16:9). Recommended 640x480 (4:3) or 640x360 (16:9)
- Video Bitrate: 300kbps. Recommended 500kbps.
- Audio Quality: If the video has audio, then it must have 2 channel stereo and minimum 32kbps. Recommended 64kbps.
4. When creating your ad, you will also need to include an imageUrl and imageUrlHQ Note that your images must meet the requirements of 1200X627 and 627X627 with the file formats of GIF, JPG or PNG and a maximum file size of 2MB.
- Set all levels to Active. If the ad passes approval, it will be eligible to serve within 24-48 hours.
The following table is a matrix view of required fields when serving native video ads:
|Ad Type||Campaign-Channel||Campaign-Objective||Campaign-defaultLandingUrl||Bid types||Ad-imageUrl||Ad-imageUrlHQ||Ad-videoPrimaryUrl||Assets||Ad-mailAssetUrl||Ad-imageUrlThumbnail|
|Video Ad (Native)||Native||PROMOTE_BRAND||CPM, CPV, CPC||required||required||required|
To learn about App Install Video Ads, refer to App Install Ads.
To learn about Mail Trailer Video Ads, refer to Mail Trailer Video Ads.
For more information on deliverables, guidelines & specifications, refer to Native Video App Install Ad Formats.
For more information on using native ads with video in the Gemini UI, refer to Create Native Ads with Video.