Use Native Bid Adjustments to Optimize Supply & Device Placement¶
Native Bid Adjustments is a new advanced feature extension to the Oath Native & Search native family that provides you with greater control over your campaign performance.
If you’re a brand or direct-response advertiser, you can now adjust bids to optimize supply and device placement toward your campaign objectives.
You can download a sample Bid Modifier Calculator in .csv format
- Use native bid adjustments to maximize the efficiency of your campaigns by setting your price for Oath and third-party publisher supply and device placements.
- Modify positive and negative bid thresholds, enabling you to better control supply, as well as influence platform performance.
- Apply bid adjustments to all campaign objectives except oCPC and app install.
- Ideal for advertisers who want mobile and third-party supply – but need to pay the right price for that inventory.
How It Works¶
You can specify bid adjustments in the Native & Search UI, as shown below:
Bidding is via a positive or negative modifier.
Three tiers are available for bid adjustments, as shown in the table below. Each group has its own modifier rules:
|Group 1a||Native ads on large format devices||Served on Oath sites and apps as well as top-performing third-party publisher sites and apps.|
|Group 1b||Native ads on small format devices||Served on Oath sites and apps as well as top-performing third-party publisher sites and apps.|
|Group 2a||Native ads on large format devices||Served on third-party publisher sites and apps.|
|Group 2b||Native ads on small format devices||Served on third-party publisher sites and apps.|
|Group 3a||Native ads on large format devices||Served on third-party publisher sites and apps.|
|Group 3b||Native ads on small format devices||Served on third-party publisher sites and apps.|
All supply from Oath sites and apps is part of Group 1. Group 1 also includes Oath’s best performing third-party publisher supply. Groups 2-3 are composed of third-party publisher supply, and don’t include inventory from Oath sites and apps.
Performance reporting is available with the Native Bid Adjustment report in the Native & Search UI.
Set Up Native Bid Adjustments¶
For new campaigns, follow these steps to set up your native bid adjustments:
- Click Manage ads > New campaign > (Campaign objective specified) > General information.
- In the General information panel, click Type > Native only.
- In Define your audience section, the list of Native network partners appears, sorted into 3 groups for Publishers with options to increase bid adjustments by percentage number.
- Once you’ve specified the increase or decrease of your bid modifier thresholds, click Save.
To edit existing campaigns or ad groups, follow the same steps described above.
Q: For which campaign types is this new feature applicable?
A: All campaign objectives, except oCPC and AppInstall.
Q: Where can I set the bid modifiers?
A: At the Campaign and Ad Group levels (On Native-Only Campaigns).
Q: Can I still run mobile only campaigns?
Q: How often are these 3 groups refreshed?
A: Performance is analyzed weekly and the groups are refreshed accordingly.
Q: What is the effect of impression share on Group 1 when negative modifiers are in place on Groups 2 and 3?
A: Bid groups are independent of one another. A bid in one group does not affect impressions in the other groups.
Q: What percent of my ads will be served in Group 1, Group 2 and Group 3?
A: Native & Search is a dynamic marketplace. Other advertisers and other bids in the system at any given time will determine where, and how often, your ads are served.
Q: Are tablet placements part of A or B modifiers?
A: Tablet sections are grouped with B modifiers.
Was this document helpful?