How To Create Campaigns To Drive Web Traffic¶
To create a campaign to drive traffic, navigate to the Advertisers tab and click New Campaign. On the Choose your campaign objective page, click Select next to Visit my website.
Begin By Naming Your Campaign & Selecting Your Campaign Type¶
- On the Create a new campaign page, give your campaign a name.
- Select your campaign type from the dropdown menu.
Your options are Search and Native, Native-only or Search-only.
Define Your Audience¶
Defining your audience tells Native & Search the types of people you to whom you want your ad to serve.
Follow these steps to define your audience:
- Define the locations you want to target. In the Locations text box, start typing the name of a country, state, city or Nielson Designated Marketing Area (DMA) that you want to target.
- If you want to set up negative geographical targeting (a list of countries that you do not want to target), click I want to exclude locations and type the name of the countries, states, cities, or DMAs where you do not want your ad to serve.
- Define the language you want to target. You can target one language only. Select your audience’s primary language from the Language dropdown list.
Note: It is required that your ad text be in the language you select for targeting.
- Define the gender you want to target. For Gender, click Male, Female, or All.
- Select the age range you want to target or select All.
- Set up interest targeting for your native ads by selecting the hobbies and interests your customers pursue. The more interests you add, the more narrow your reach will be. To set up interest targeting, do one of the following: - Start typing the name of an interest in the text box - Click Browse to see a scrollable list of interests
- If you have created a custom audience and want to use it for targeting in this campaign, start typing the name of the audience in the Custom audiences text box.
- If you want to create a new custom audience, click Create a new custom audience.
Click to show hidden content Set Your Ad Budget
Set Your Ad Budget¶
Campaigns that drive website traffic are on a cost per click (CPC) basis. You can set the maximum amount you want to pay per billing cycle, and set the billing cycle frequency.
To set your ad budget:
- Start typing the name of the currency you want to use for budgeting purposes.
- Enter the maximum amount you want to pay each billing cycle.
- Select the billing cycle timeframe from the dropdown list. For example, select Daily if you want the billing cycle to be based on a daily amount.
Set up an Ad Group¶
Ad groups are groupings of ads that help you evaluate various optimization strategies (such as creative elements, bidding, and targeting). On the design side, for example, you can test out different headlines, creatives, ad copy, or calls to action against each other to see which one performs best. On the bidding side, you can test out different bid prices to see which bid yields the most clicks or conversions.
To set up an ad group:
- Type a name for the ad group.
- Select a scheduling option: - Select Start running ads immediately if you are ready to run your ads. - Select Schedule to set a start and end date.
- Start typing the currency you want to use for billing purposes.
- Enter the maximum amount you want to pay per click.
Select Your Images¶
To begin creating a campaign, upload the images you will use in your campaign.
To upload your image assets:
Native & Search uses the large rectangle image to create a square image, but you can optionally upload a different square image if you like.
- Under the Large rectangle image, drag and drop an image or click Upload Image and browse to the image you want to upload. The minimum image size is 1200x627px and the aspect ratio should be 1.9:1.
- Optionally upload a square image. The suggested size for the square image is 627x627px, with a 1:1 aspect ratio.
- Optionally upload an MP4 video.
Preview Your Ad on Different Devices¶
Take a look at your ad to see how it looks on different devices.
Click the device icons and arrow icons to the right of the Text and links area to see if you need to make adjustments to any of your images or text.
Enter Your Keywords and Create Your Campaign¶
Provide a list of keywords you want to target in your search ads.
Choose words and phrases that customers would use to search for your products and services.
Was this document helpful?